Dedicated Oracle Server Setup?

From: Michael Stowe <Michael.Stowe_at_f573.n115.z1.nwugate.fidonet.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 94 00:34:59 -0500

  • Quoting Brian K. Chastain to All dated 09-21-94 ***
    > My rookie questions are these: first, can users on the Novell file
    > server connect to the Oracle server without logging on to it? Do I need to
    > have them log in to the Novell file server and attach to the Oracle
    > server?

Users do NOT need to be logged in to the server to use Oracle services on that server.

Basically, just move the Oracle set up to the new server, database name and all, and nobody will notice the difference (except, perhaps, for improved performance.) Received on Fri Sep 23 1994 - 07:34:59 CEST

Original text of this message