PL/SQL: numeric or value error at line 0

From: Kevin Owens <keowens_at_delphi.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 94 12:22:34 -0500

Calling raise_application_error from a stored procedure or a trigger produces the following result:
ERROR at line 1

ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error
ORA-06512: at "MIPS.ERRMSG", line 0
ORA-06512: at line 6
ORA-04088: error during execution of trigger 'MIPS.PRODUCT_TRANSMIT_AUR

[A
new messages were added to a messages package this error started showing up whenever a raise application_error call was made. Any help would be appreciated. Here is some background. We have a package errmsg which hav about 100 errmr messages:
create or replace package errmsg as

   msg1 constant integer := -20410;
   msg1_text varchar2(10) not null := 'xxxxxxxxxx' end errmsg;

The raise is performed by triggers and stored procedures with rapse_application_error(errmsg.msg1, errmsg.msg1_text);

The first time this happened, out of desparation, I made errmsg2.pl and copied tthe most recently added message (moved not copied) from errmsg to errmsg2. This actually solved the problem. Without any new messages the problem is back. Has anyone ever seen anything line an ORA-06512 at line 0 (zero ???) Thanks for the help.   Received on Fri Sep 23 1994 - 19:22:34 CEST

Original text of this message