Re: Modifying blocks in Forms3

From: Kim Ng <kimmng_at_uswnvg.com>
Date: 23 Sep 94 15:53:19 GMT

Ron Lee (lee_at_grizzly.nrl.navy.mil) wrote:
: .....<deleted>.....
: I am having a problem with modifying my blocks. How do I go about
: editting the "Join Condition" from the ITEMS block (figure 3-6 of page
: 3-11 in the 1992 edition of the tutorial). I've RTFM'ed the tutorial
: and the FORMS Designer's Reference. No where do they mention how to
: edit it.

If you created your block using default master-detail relationship, you will need to go to field definition and change the "enforce key". You can also add the where and order by statement in "default where/order by" in your block definition. If you did use default master-detail relationship, you may have to change the triggers and/or procedures that ORACLE created. It depends on what's the change you have in mind.

: When I do a "(a)Block, (b)Modify" sequence, I am dumped into the spreadtable
: listing the three blocks (ORDERS, ITEMS, CUSTOMERS). I tabbed through
: all the fields of ITEMS, I've ZOOMED IN and ZOOMED OUT; yet I can't
: find the JOIN CONDITION. Did I miss something?

The name you're looking for is not "JOIN CONDITION". It is "Default Where/Order By". Just type in the code as if you are typing the "where" and "order by" clause of your "select" statement.

If you want to be fancy, read through the Advance SQLFORMS Techniques manual.

By the way, spread table layout is useful to see what you have. Use "Change Display Type" to get to a screenful of information for the item your cursor is on. Use the same key to get to the spread table again.

 Kim Ng
 (Just a low life contract programmer. Thus, my clients won't adopt my views.) Received on Fri Sep 23 1994 - 17:53:19 CEST

Original text of this message