Re: Barcodes

From: Richard D Holowczak <holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu>
Date: 23 Sep 1994 09:32:17 -0400

byeo_at_stats.calstatela.edu (Belinda Yeo) writes:

>Hello:
> Is it possible to print barcode format using oracle 6.0.33? I need to
> see if this can be done. Oracle support group offer not idea at all. Or is
> the another software that I can use. All I want to accomplish is to be
> able to print SSN in barcode format. Thanks

>JT

  What printer do you want to use ? A laser printer or a   dedicated bar code printer ?

   For a laser printer, check out the bar code downloadable    fonts some vendors offer. The idea would be to send the    proper printer commands to change the font and then    send the characters to be barcoded.

   You say you want to print 'from Oracle' . . .    What application ? SQL*Forms 4.0 ? SQL*Forms 3.0 ?    SQL*Reportwriter ? SQL*Plus ? Custom "C" program ?

   This makes a big difference . . . .

for more clues, please e-mail . . .

Rich Holowczak
Rutgers University
holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu Received on Fri Sep 23 1994 - 15:32:17 CEST

Original text of this message