Re: Oracle via WWW

From: Mike Marolda <mmarolda_at_dalxt004.dal.mobil.com>
Date: 23 Sep 1994 07:42:21 -0500

In article <psoohoo.76.000EDCCF_at_rosedale.org>, paul soohoo <psoohoo_at_rosedale.org> wrote:
>Has anyone accessed Oracle 7 using HTML forms where some WWW "browser" front
>ends an Oracle server?

Sure, I've done it for several applications. There are a couple of tools on the net (gsql for one) that will assist you in this. (I can't remember where this is located but archie should be able to find it for you.)

Instead, I prefer to write a cgi compliant oraperl or C application that will take the input from a form or a link, perform the appropriate database operation and output the html as a result.

You'll need to get the docs from ncsa on how to write cgi compliant applications. These can be found in the:

http://hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/

heirarchy.

Hope this helps.

Mike Marolda Received on Fri Sep 23 1994 - 14:42:21 CEST

Original text of this message