Re: Oracle Support, or lack thereof

From: Stuart Cracraft <cracraft_at_quaker-oats.ai.mit.edu>
Date: 22 Sep 1994 20:05:47 GMT

In article <CwGDps.Cyx_at_da_vinci.ecte.uswc.uswest.com>, John Verbil <jverbil_at_menken.ecte.uswc.uswest.com> wrote:
>It's all over, trust me. Oracle support is pathetic, unless you are a
>_real_ pest and call them over and over again, several times in a day.
>I think their policy sounds something like, "If they don't bother to call
>back, it must not be a very serious problem... let's work on something else."

This is basically my experience as well. However, my opinion is that after installation of Oracle RDBMS's, Oracle Financials, and various and sundry, if you *are* a pest, then you get *great* service for the most part.

However, many vendors have the failing of causing the customer to have to call back too much for something already logged in their database.

It is an area for an aggressive tech support manager to make major career inroads with by alleviating problems of this type. Received on Thu Sep 22 1994 - 22:05:47 CEST

Original text of this message