Re: Connecting to SQL*Net V1 from V2

From: Peter Doolan <pdoolan_at_oracle.us.oracle.com>
Date: 20 Sep 1994 15:17:58 GMT

Ron Loxton (loxtonr_at_govonca.gov.on.ca) wrote:
: I have a windows client here running V2 of sqlnet/DecNet. This
: client needs to connect to a V6 database running SQL*Net/DECNet V1.
:
: Is this possible?
:

Sorry Ron, but you cannot connect from Net1 to Net2 or Net2 to Net1 for that matter.

: If so how? if not any workaround?
:

On the Oracle7 server you can install both SQL*Net V1 & V2. Both are independantas SQL*NET 1.2.x will use the DECNET listener while SQLL*Net 2.x will use its own listener. So if you want an Oracle6 server to connect via a db link to an Oracle7 server then link in the SQL*Net 1 code via the NETCONFIG ORACLEINS screen on the Oracle7 server.

: Thx
:
: Ron Loxton

Rgs,
Pete.

These comments are mine NOT expressed by my employer Received on Tue Sep 20 1994 - 17:17:58 CEST

Original text of this message