Re: initialising env var using sqlplus

From: Bjorn Engsig <bengsig_at_dk.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 1994 10:52:59 GMT

In article <355cor$n1c_at_nuscc.nus.sg>, med10054_at_nusunix2.nus.sg
| (NORHISHAM BIN MAIN) writes:
|I'm trying to initialise a list of unix env variables using
|values retrieved from sqlplus but has not had much success.

|for EACH_DIR in $OUT_DIR; do
| $EACH_DIR=`echo "set feedback off
| set heading off ....
This really isn't an Oracle question, but never mind. The solution is to use the shell's builtin eval function:

eval $EACH_DIR=`echo .......`

The eval function means that the shell will evaluate the rest of the command line after substitution of the parameter and the back-quotes.

Rgds, Bjorn.

--
Disclaimer:  Although I work for ORACLE, I am sending this only in my technical
	     interest to help others on The Net.  All opinions are my own.