Questions: Visual Basic to Sun Oracle Server

From: Pam Arnold <parno_at_resumix.portal.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 1994 18:27:38 GMT

I am on a development team that must quickly produce a VB application talking to a Sun/Unix host running Oracle 7. I am looking for confirmation on the most reliable interface to do this.

If you have experience to share, please email as our project plan does not provide for time to read the news!

I am especially interested in hearing success stories from production projects using VB and ODBC to Unix/Oracle 7. What precautions must be taken to make this work? What drivers (vendors) were used?

If there is a more reliable route (even if the cost is higher) what is it?

Has anyone used Visual C or C++ with ProC to write a dll that handles the Oracle access requirements?

Thanks in advance. -- Pam Arnold, Analyst/Programmer/SupplementalDBA Received on Fri Sep 16 1994 - 20:27:38 CEST

Original text of this message