Re: Help with ROLLBACKS on DDL

From: Carl Gohringer <cgohring_at_lucifer>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 1994 09:17:14 GMT

sjs_at_shell.portal.com (Steve - Schow) writes:
: Hello all,
:
: I am tryiing to use ROLLBACK transaction processing to automatically ROLLBACK
: create view transactions(which are DDL). However ORACLE by default does
: an implicit commit before and after all DDL statements(wonderful!)...so.....
:
: How can turn that off while creating a particular view so that I can decide
: to rollback to BEFORE the create view if I want to?
:
: Thanks in advance
:
: -steve
:

The short answer to your question is : You can't!

It is not possible to rollback DDL. All you can do is issue another DDL statement to drop the view.

--
regards,
Carl