Re: Help with ROLLBACKS on DDL

From: Andre van Winssen <andrevw_at_ideta.nl>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 1994 14:30:36 GMT

sjs_at_shell.portal.com (Steve - Schow) writes:

>Hello all,

>I am tryiing to use ROLLBACK transaction processing to automatically ROLLBACK
>create view transactions(which are DDL). However ORACLE by default does
>an implicit commit before and after all DDL statements(wonderful!)...so.....

try drop view

>How can turn that off while creating a particular view so that I can decide
>to rollback to BEFORE the create view if I want to?

impossible in one session. Create/Drop your view in second session and use savepoints in your first session when you want to rollback to a particular point in your DML.

good luck

Andre

--
Andre van Winssen <andrevw_at_ideta.nl>
Ideta b.v., Frankemaheerd 6, 1102 AN Amsterdam, the Netherlands