export/import anomaly

From: <khuguley_at_casi.sti.nasa.gov>
Date: 15 Sep 1994 17:03:30 GMT

I just copied a user's schema (tables,indexes,...) from one db to another (exp/imp) and discovered that almost of the indexes were imported into the wrong (data) tablespace! I verified that the user has access and sufficient quotas for both the data and index tablespaces. The only indexes that were imported to the correct tablespace were the ones that were initially created using "CREATE INDEX...TABLESPACE HDESK_IDX" SQL stmts.
All of the indexes (primary key indexes) that were imported to the wrong tablespace were initially created during table definition as column constraints. Here is an example:

    create table caller (

       caller_id number(5)
          constraint pk_caller primary key
          using index
          tablespace hdesk_idx,
     );

I examined the export file and it indicates that the index defined above will be imported to HDESK tablespace! (WRONG!!!) Was I incorrect in defining my primary indexes this way? The db did not complain when I initially built the tables/indexes! Is this an export bug?
Any information would be appreciated!

K. Huguley
NASA Center for Aerospace Information Received on Thu Sep 15 1994 - 19:03:30 CEST

Original text of this message