MAY-DAY !!! Oracle 7 / Novell 3.12 Compatibility Problem...

From: Clint Redwood <Clint_at_kheldar.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 1994 23:47:11 +0000

Can anyone help me? We are having a seemingly intractible problem...

Our Oracle server seems to be losing the connection to our clients on SOME of our client pc's, and not on others. Oracle are stumped as to why this is happening. We have had all the patches to SQL*NET SPX which they could find.

We are running an Oracle 7.0.16 Server on a Novell NetWare 3.12 server, and using clients running Windows for Workgroups 3.11. The microsoft windows network in WFWG is completely disabled.

Some of the client machines just spontaneously lose their server connection after a short period of idle time. Others after a longer period, and still others do not show this problem at all. This indicates to me that it is a problem with our clients, not the server. However, although there are many differences between the working and non working clients... we can't find any which explains the problem, and therefore the cure.

Please could someone mail me with any helpful ideas / solutions.

Thanx....

--
Clint Redwood