FORM 4 questions

From: wu litao <litao_at_CS.ColoState.EDU>
Date: 14 Sep 1994 23:11:46 GMT

Hi everyone,

Sorry to repost it here since I did not get solution.

Form 4 to build menus and meet following problems:

  1. My menu editor defaults to tree mode instead of list mode as Oracle Form User's Guide says (Page 18-8). So when I open a new menu module, select File, New, Menu, the Menu editor is in tree mode. How can I set the default back to list mode?
  2. In list mode of my Menu editor, the name of each menu appears above the column in which it is displayed and only the individual menus are displayed in tree mode. This is totally conflict with what Oracle Form User's Guide says (Page 18-8). This causes all statements of the Guide concerning the mode reversed. Which is correct?
  3. When I open an existing menu , select File, Open, xx.mmb, I got an empty Menu Editor. How can I open an existing menu then?
  4. When I try to generate a menu after set the properties of the menu module, I always get MNU-10633: Main menu xx not found in module, which I cannot find the error message info from SQL*Menu User Guide and reference. What is wrong here?

Questions regarding to upgrading to Forms 4 from Forms 4:

  1. Some triggers have been renamed, but I still have them in .fmt file which is from .fmb file which are upgraded from Forms 3. I am supposed to get new trigger names. Such as trigger key-nxtfld of V 3 has been renamed key-next-item, but it still appears in .fmt file. Why? I know that it does change name to key-next-item when I look at it from trigger property of .fmb module. But I think that .fmt should be Forms 4 text file instead of Form 3 text file. Are you agree with me?
  2. Built-in routine, call, still appears in both .fmb and .fmt files. Does it mean that all Form 3 built-in routine are still valid in Form 4? If so, what is the difference between call and call_form?

Please email me if/when possible since I seldom to read news.

Thanks very much in advance!

--
Litao Wu
Computer Science Department    Phone: (303)543-0204