Re: Oracle & Gupta

From: Robert A. Rubino <rrubino_at_panix.com>
Date: 14 Sep 1994 09:31:16 -0400

Kim Medlin (klm_at_atlanta.dg.com) wrote:
: Anybody know the inside scoop on whether Oracle will acquire/merge with
: Gupta?

: Personally, I think it would be a great move for both companies.

: It doesn't seem that Oracle Forms is making that much of a dent in the
: SQL Front End market place.

From what I understand, Oracle pulled out, or was pushed out, from Gupta. I think Gupta is REALLY optimistic with the next release of SQLBase. I know a lot of people and have been hearing a lot about how developers are at least curious about it, including myself.

Rob. -rrubino_at_panix.com- Received on Wed Sep 14 1994 - 15:31:16 CEST

Original text of this message