Re: Forms 4.0 questions

From: Barberl <barberl_at_aol.com>
Date: 14 Sep 1994 04:13:01 -0400

In article <12SEP199414123977_at_devbn1.triumf.ca>, grant_at_devbn1.triumf.ca (Peter Grant) writes:

The short answer is NO it can't be done. You can approximate it in a when-new-form-instance trigger, but that will only change the size to the maximum within oracle, not truly maximized.

I'm working in Ms Windows. I am glad to hear evidence that they took the "straight-line" approach to building other versions of Forms 4. I mean by that: They did whatever was required to get the first semi-working sloppy implementation, without regard to the Gui they were hosting to. MS Windows does a lot of sloppy redraws and leaves visual relics like crazy. In MS Windows, it GPFs alot which indicates that the programmers did not handle global memory well and are writing over the kernal. Nice . . . Received on Wed Sep 14 1994 - 10:13:01 CEST

Original text of this message