Re: Need script to rebuild all indexes

From: Kenneth E Christense <kchriste_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 14 Sep 1994 17:10:47 GMT

kimmng_at_uswnvg.com (Kim Ng) writes:

>Heikki Rissanen (rissahe1_at_news.ougf.fi) wrote:
>: Andrew McConnell (mcconnel_at_source.asset.com) wrote:

>: I haven't got what you want, but I've done this with v6 by taking the
>: definitions by exporting without data. After that I did some editing
>: of the exp-file to get the indexes ok and dropped and created them again.

>: This is not the easy way, but it worked.
>
>Sounds like a lot of work. Why not write a SQL script that looks into
>"all_indexes" and "all_tab_indexes" tables. They have all the latest
>information you need. I don't have the script but it should be pretty
>straightforward. I have done it before (a long time ago).

> Kim Ng
> (Just a low life contract programmer. Thus, my clients won't adopt my views.)

Actually, not too much work. Just do a user exp, answer no to all prompts. Imp with 'indexfile=x.x' on command line.

Your index create statements will be in file x.x. As a bonus, so will your table create statements, although they will be REMarked Received on Wed Sep 14 1994 - 19:10:47 CEST

Original text of this message