Re: SQL*NET for Windows and MS TCP/IP for WFWG

From: Bart Mendez <bmb_at_bae.bellcore.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 1994 16:04:11 -0500

In article <jhalpinCw47qp.BFv_at_netcom.com>, jhalpin_at_netcom.com (Joe Halpin) wrote:

> I just talked with our local rep about this. He says that it should work
> fine, but you may have to do a reinstall and specify winsock for the
> transport interface. This loads some DLLs that SQL*Net needs for the
> winsock interface.
>
> I'm going to be trying this myself next week, hopefully, and I'd
> appreciate any feedback you'd be willing to give me on what winds up
> working for you.
>
> Joe
>
> --
> Joe Halpin
> jhalpin_at_netcom.com

Joe,

A newer version of SQL*NET fixed the problem. I was using 1.1.7.8, and 1.1.7.10.4 does the trick. This newer version however does not include the Microsoft TCP/IP-32 for WFWG in its list of vendor software, but it does have the Windows NT TCP/IP software listed. I chose Windows NT from the list, and the installer did the rest. I changed the c:\windows\services file myself and pointed the oracle.ini file to it, but it worked either way. I just wanted to have one "services" file on my PC.

Bart Mendez Received on Wed Sep 14 1994 - 23:04:11 CEST

Original text of this message