Re: SQL*NET for Windows and MS TCP/IP for WFWG

From: Anton Dischner <dischner_at_med.uni-muenchen.de>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 1994 16:09:06 +0200

In article <bmb-130994163501_at_freehold.mac259.bellcore.com>, bmb_at_bae.bellcore.com (Bart Mendez) wrote: Hi Bart,

I have this configuration running

   Client: MS-Access 2.0

            O7ODBC,
            SQL*NET TCP/IP for Windows 1.1.7.10
            MS-TCPIP (final), beta was ok
            Windows for Workgroups 3.11 !
            ndis3 drivers !
            SMC Ethercard Elite Ultra Combo

   Server: Oracle RDBMS 7.0.12.1.0

Please note: the ndis2 druvers shipped with WFW 3.11 were not enough (for me).

I hope this helps, good luck,

Please mail/post if you have further questions

Toni

> I'm trying to get SQL*NET TCP/IP for Windows to work with the Microsoft
> TCP/IP-32 for Windows for Workgroups software, and so far I have had no
> luck. The reason I'm trying this combination is that the MS software is
> free (or bundled) with WFWG, and it's supposed to be WinSock 1.1 compliant.
> I even expect it to be the de facto standard because it's the
> implementation shipping with Windows NT and the forthcoming Windows 95.
> Anyway, has anybody figured out how to set-up SQL*NET with this
> configuration assuming it's possible?
>
> Thanks,
> Bart Mendez

| Anton Dischner, DBA and system-programmer    Phone: +49 89 70953202|
| Institut fuer Klinische Chemie               Fax  : +49 89 70958888|
| Klinikum Grosshadern                         Home : +49 89 6254060 |
| Ludwig Maximilians Universitaet Muenchen     Handy: +49 172 8388880|
| 81366 Muenchen                                                     |
| Marchioninistr. 15                                                 |
| Germany                          Mail: dischner_at_med.uni-muenchen.de|