Re: ORACLE dbms_pipe package error: request for help

From: John Morgan <John_Morgan_at_OIT.PeachNet.EDU>
Date: 14 Sep 1994 12:00:22 GMT

In article <35557b$54_at_cherokee.advtech.uswest.com> Shekhar Kirani, kirani_at_advtech.uswest.com writes:
>I am trying to use dbms_pipe package provided by ORACLE. When I invoke
>a stored procedure that sends out data into a pipe, I am getting the
>following error.
>
>ERROR at line 1:
>ORA-06509: PL/SQL: ICD vector missing for this package
>ORA-06512: at "KIRANI.DBMS_PIPE", line 34
>ORA-06512: at line 1
>
>The error number -06509 is not listed in the developer's release manual
>that I have access to. I would greatly appreciate if some one can
>figure out what does ICD vector mean and what i need to do to get rid
>of this error message.
>
>Thanks a lot,
>shekhar kirani

Did you install a second copy of the DBMS_PIPE package under your ID? Normally, SYS or SYSTEM owns this package (not KIRANI). I got the same error when I ran the SQL script against my ID to install the package and the package had already been created under SYS. Drop the package, and give KIRANI execute permission to the SYS.DBMS_PIPE package. Received on Wed Sep 14 1994 - 14:00:22 CEST

Original text of this message