Re: Ad Hoc Query Tools

From: Doug Campbell <campbell_at_ll.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 94 20:53:20 GMT

In article <1994Sep13.131332.1_at_crs>, ksilverstein_at_crs.stjude.org says:

>Our site runs ORACLE v7 under VMS 5.5. We are evaluating ad hoc query tools
>for the VAX and/or for PCs and Macs as clients.
> What are your recommendations, and experiences with Oracle Browser,
>Oracle Data Query, Gupta's Quest, SQLASSIST, Andyne's GQL, others...?
>Do your users find them easy enough to use? What type of PC hardware
>requirements and network load are involved in the Client/Server environment?
>
>Thanks in advance. I'll post a summary.
>--
>Karen Silverstein karen.silverstein_at_stjude.org
>"Speaking only for myself" St Jude Children's Research Hospital,
>(901)531-2375 332 N. Lauderdale Avenue,
> Memphis, TN 38101

Check out Q+E for Ms-Windows, I like it best. We also have DataPrism, it works for Ms-Windows and MAC, but has a cluncky interface. Both use SQL*NET, but DataPrism also uses DAL.

Enjoy.

Doug (my first ever news posting) Campbell M.I.T. Lincoln Laboratory Received on Wed Sep 14 1994 - 22:53:20 CEST

Original text of this message