Triggering on selects

From: Ben Crawford <crawford_at_strat-sys.bt.co.uk>
Date: 13 Sep 1994 10:58:45 GMT

I want to fire a trigger when a SELECT operation is performed on a table, potentially FOR EACH ROW. I'd be very interested in hearing if anyone out there knows a way of doing this in Oracle V7!

I want to do this in order to populate parts of the table as it is being read - by making calls to other data stores. I need to do this 'on request' because I am dealing with a large volume of volatile data, so keeping my Oracle table fully in step with the rest of the world is not feasible.

Any suggestions welcome; thanks for your time, Ben. Received on Tue Sep 13 1994 - 12:58:45 CEST

Original text of this message