Re: SQL*Net SPX in Win-OS/2 session?

From: Kevin J. Weaver <kw34+_at_andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 1994 18:06:27 -0400

Excerpts from netnews.comp.databases.oracle: 10-Sep-94 Re: SQL*Net SPX in Win-OS/2.. by Subram Badrinath_at_mindspr
> Thanks for the info. I was trying to find out what else I need to a WIN-OS2
> Netware client to get hooked up with Oracle running on AIX. We do have
> the SQL*Net for Windows bundle, my understanding is that we
> need SQL*Net for OS/2 , the SPX adaptor for OS/2 and the SQL*VDM
> product that you mentioned?? Am I correct??

Are you running an SPX stack on your AIX Oracle server? If so, the items you list will do the trick. If the AIX Oracle server is talking only TCP/IP, you'll need some other stuff including a TCP/IP stack for OS/2 and SQL*Net TCP/IP for OS/2.

Kevin J. Weaver                        |
Director, Client/Server Consulting     |
PC Solutions                           |  "Accept what you cannot change;
Pittsburgh, PA  15219                  |   Change what you cannot accept!"
412-391-8800                           |
E-Mail to: kw34+_at_andrew.cmu.edu        |