Re: Oracle Support Doesn't

From: Michael Nolan <nolan_at_helios.unl.edu>
Date: 11 Sep 1994 03:55:48 GMT

barberl_at_aol.com (Barberl) writes:

:My greatest gripe with Oracle Corporation is that Oracle support does not
:support anything. We currently have the equivalent of "Silver" service
:which means they ignore my problems 24 hours a day instead of just
:ignoring them 9 to 5 like bornze service. In general we open a tar, wait
:for a call that never comes, get fed up and demand the duty manager, wait
:for a call that never comes etc.

My experience with support runs hot and cold, and I don't even have 'Silver' service. Friday I was having a problem with Forms 3 and not only got through to support in under five minutes, but got a solution to the problem in another 5 or 10 minutes.

On the other hand, I still haven't heard back on a TAR from early August, even though I faxed about 10 pages of logs to the analyst.

I'm going to see if I can corner someone well up the Oracle food chain at IOUW on the quality (perceived or real) of Oracle support. (If I can arrange an invitation to the press luncheon again, I may try to bounce the question off the Boss.)

Actually, my bigger gripe with Oracle is their Sales department. It takes me anywhere from 3 to 5 calls and voice mails to get a callback from my salesrep. I've basically given up trying until I come up with something I really NEED.

---
Michael Nolan, Sysop for the DBMS RoundTable on GEnie
nolan_at_notes.tssi.com, dbms_at_genie.geis.com
(posted from nolan_at_helios.unl.edu)