Re: CASE designer/dictionary copying of model

From: Jeffrey Jacobs <jjacobs_at_well.sf.ca.us>
Date: 9 Sep 1994 19:19:30 GMT

>names:
>o then load the application system from the XT tables back into the dictionary
>
>At this point it will say an application system of that name already exists,
>and you are asked if you want to rename. If you specify yes, it will
>prompt you for a new application system name.
>After the load, you will have to application systems of two seperate names.
>
>--
>Carl
>Carl Gohringer, Senior CASE Support Consultant
>Oracle UK, The Oracle Centre, The Ring, Bracknell, Berkshire, England, RG121BW
>Internet : cgohring_at_uk.oracle.com
>+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

I have had numerous, unexplainable problems reloading directly from the extract tables without first exporting to a .dmp file, then dropping the extract tables and loading from the .dmp files. (These problems occured while I was still working for Oracle, and so are over 1 year old. But I still go to .dmp files first.

Jeffrey Jacobs & Associate
Oracle CASE Consulting and Training
951-2 Old Country Road, Suite 119
Belmont, CA 94002
Voice: 415-571-7092
FAX: 800-665-1379
CompuServe: 76702,456
Internet: jjacobs_at_well.com Received on Fri Sep 09 1994 - 21:19:30 CEST

Original text of this message