Re: Native Oracle on PowerMac?

From: Herb Payerl <firstave_at_hookup.net>
Date: 9 Sep 1994 20:51:31 GMT

In article <34g32q$5a8_at_eft.foe.co.uk>, richard_at_foe.co.uk wrote:

> Does anyone know if/when Oracle front-end tools will be available to run
> natively on the Mac PowerPC range?

I am developer that creates GUI interfaces for Oracle using Omnis 7 from Blyth Software. I believe the latest release of Omnis 7 which is version 3 (referred to as Omnis 7 cubed) is acclerated for PowerPC. It is a reliable development tool that runs on the Macintosh, and Windows platforms. Rumor has it that it will be released running under Unix very shortly. An application developed in this environment is completely portable between platforms if a little care is taked during development.

Our company has been using Omnis as a development tool for many years, and find it a very fast, flexible, and reliable although fairly expensive for the microcomputer arena. Received on Fri Sep 09 1994 - 22:51:31 CEST

Original text of this message