Re: Pro*C applications size increases..

From: Daryl Erwin <derwin_at_mach2.wlu.ca>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 1994 15:15:57 GMT

In article <34ctvl$nhp$1_at_mhadg.inhouse.compuserve.com> Stephen Lappin <100045.167_at_CompuServe.COM> writes:
>Barry Roomberg (barry.roomberg_at_compudata.com) wrote:
>: -> Has anyone else noticed, that when recompiling a Pro*C
 application
>: -> under Oracle7, the stiped executable is about 6 times
 bigger? (from a
>: -> previous compile under 6.0.34)

>: Yup. Doesn't take much more memory to execute, but really
 eats up disk
>: space.
>
>I believe that this problem is fixed in 7.0.16. My C executables
>reduced in size significantly when I recompiled them.

Okay lets try and narrow this down a bit.... Lets talk version of PRO*C not Oracle (Is that not the relavant factor?)

Anyways, our version of Pro*C for use with Ora. 7 is 1.5.10.1 It generates code 5 times larger than that of Pro*C ver 1.4.13.0.1

Just run your proc in the /oracle7/proc/demo directory make -f proc.mk sample8

This generates 2meg in my newer version and 400K in the previous version.

Anyone care to continue this --- who has got a newer version of Pro*C that generates smaller code....

--
Daryl Erwin                                     Net Address: derwin_at_mach2.WLU.CA
Information Systems                             Surface Mail: P4-1, Main Campus