HELP!! Security Server!!

From: <tanmy_at_merlion.singnet.com.sg>
Date: 8 Sep 1994 15:20:25 GMT

Hi "anybody",

I know the following is the standard configuration of a client/server architecture:

  PC application -> SQLNET |||| SQLNET -> ORACLE BE -> DB

However, i was just wondering if i could do the following:

  PC application -> SQLNET |||| SQLNET -> SECURITY SERVER -> ORACLE BE -> DB

I was just wondering if i could add a security server on the server side. The securtity server will check for login id and password, whether the login time is allowed, etc....

Have someone tried this before? Would appreciate if you could drop me a line...

BTW, we would prefer the SQLNET to handle the communication protocols.

Thank you. Received on Thu Sep 08 1994 - 17:20:25 CEST

Original text of this message