Question about raw partition disk mirroring

From: Steve - Schow <sjs_at_shell.portal.com>
Date: 8 Sep 1994 18:40:27 GMT

We are trying to decide whether to use raw partitions on our Solaris 2.3 Oracle 7.0.16.4 servers. I have a few questions for you all.

  1. If the tablespace which is on a single large partition fills up, can we extend that tablespace into another raw partition (like you do with normal datafiles?
  2. Does Oracle provide any kind of disk mirroring with raw partitioning (since Solaris would NOT be doing it for us now)?
  3. What else do you know about Raw partitions?

Thanks in advance

-steve Received on Thu Sep 08 1994 - 20:40:27 CEST

Original text of this message