Re: Replicated Servers in Oracle?

From: Sandor Nieuwenhuijs <snieuwen_at_nl.oracle.com>
Date: 8 Sep 1994 09:53:01 GMT

Rumi Dubash (rmd0_at_gte.com) wrote:
: Hi,
: Does Oracle support replicated servers? If not, any chances of having this
: supported in any upcoming releases. Do any other vendors have this capability?
: If they do support (Oracle or others), any experiences?

I think you first have to specify what you mean EXACTLY with replicated servers. The simple answer is yes. But until you specify what you need, it is hard to give a more detailed answer. On a checklist question like this, everybody will probably answer yes.

Do you mean:

- A simple copy management scheme
- read-only replication (one master, multiple slaves which are readonly)
- update anywhere replication (multiple masters, updates on ALL data can
  be done everywhere) - with conflict detection or resolution.

Sandor Nieuwenhuijs
Oracle Netherlands

  • These opinions (if any) are just mine. I do not represent Oracle ---
  • Corporation in this Posting ---