Development and Production on same Oracle7 SCO box

From: Brian Groves <brian_at_nghs.org>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 1994 15:35:47 +1000

We're a new shop using Oracle7 in production on an SCO server, and want to develop on the same box. We'd like the ability to back up the production database to the development database when necessary.

We thought two seperate instances with identical database names would do the trick. Backing up the .ctl and .dbf files from the production instance to the dev. instance, and changing the pointers in the startup files and database should do it.

We are new to this, is there a better way to do this? Suggestions/comments?

-brian
brian_at_nghs.org
404-793-6959 Received on Thu Sep 08 1994 - 07:35:47 CEST

Original text of this message