Re: SUN OS patch for db performance?

From: Leo Mannhart <mannhart_at_zuv.unizh.ch>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 1994 07:28:32 GMT

In article <34jk1n$iv9_at_spielplatz.sp.paramax.com>, ksplett_at_spielplatz.sp.paramax.com (Katherine Splett) wrote:

> Has anyone heard of an OS patch for SUN that acts as a
> database accellator? Someone mentioned one was available
> and had been used successfully for an Oracle server.
> That's all I know :-]

May be this is Sun-DBE (database excelerator), but this is not a "patch" but a software product for SPARCservers and requires SunOS (no Solaris yet).
NO, I don't use it and therfore can't say anything about performance increase (SUN claims in their ads up to 50% throughput increase and up to 400% more users)

--
Leo Mannhart
Planning Office