Re: ORACLE Backups

From: Hari Seldon <bill_at_trout.finance.state.mn.us>
Date: 7 Sep 1994 23:18:44 GMT

In <b36_9408080642_at_crystal.dircon.co.uk>, gordon_at_crystal.dircon.co.uk (Gordon Hollingworth) writes:
>Trevor,

 ..
>SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE - Terminates all connections and performs and automatic
>rollback on any uncommited transactions.

i do this. wait . then test for connections (don't forget sqlnet connections!)

>SHUTDOWN ABORT - Terminates everything and does *not* perform rollbacks etc.
>This is what I call the PANIC option.

i do this if the previous doesn't remove all of the sqlnet attachments.

>Does anyone else have anything to add ???

i did ;-)

bill pociengel

so what is the wow wow wibble wobble wozzey woddle woo? 'so what's a flame but a polite message reduced to it's essence?' lilb pleceoing 'I'm a little confused right now' Received on Thu Sep 08 1994 - 01:18:44 CEST

Original text of this message