SQLNET V2 TCP/IP - erratic behaviour during connection

From: T.K. GOPIKRISHNA, software,BLR,01191812-269920 <gopi_t1_at_verifone.com>
Date: 7 Sep 94 05:03:34 -1000

Hello,

We have been experiencing pretty randomly the problem of not being able to connect to the oracle database using the sqlnet V2 on TCP/IP on a unix box. The message I get when I try to connect looks something like "end-of-file on communication channel". I checked up that the listener is running on the configured TCP port. The problem clears up if I stop the listener and restart again. I am able to connect thereafter and use the database.

I am not able to get the exact sequence that can reproduce this problem. Has anyone out there got this kind of problem? What is the workaround or is there something in configuration which i have missed out. Please help me out in getting over this problem.

Thanks
gopi Received on Wed Sep 07 1994 - 17:03:34 CEST

Original text of this message