Re: RE:Oracle Mac Expense

From: John Morgan <John_Morgan_at_OIT.PeachNet.EDU>
Date: 2 Sep 1994 14:16:23 GMT

In article <1994Sep2.085909.30935_at_capcon.apana.org.au> Robert Masters, gambit_at_capcon.apana.org.au writes:
>I have recently had the joy of setting up a client-server system using
>oracle CDE tools on the mac. In terms of expense besides spending bundles
>of money to purchase oracle, you also need to upgrade your memory to
 about
>20-40 Mbytes to get any sort of decent performance.
>
>I run Oracle on a Power mac with 40 Megs Ram and it is still sloow. It,
>does seem to run faster on our 486DX/66 than it does on any mac.

Huh?? I run on a Quadra 840...No local data base is required, just the Oracle Init, MacTcp, and sql*Net. I get REAL good performance because the database is where it is supposed to be: on the server (thus the name client/server :-) ). Received on Fri Sep 02 1994 - 16:16:23 CEST

Original text of this message