Only in Canada... n'est pas?????

From: Allison Rothmel <ad041_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 1994 18:07:56 GMT

Help! I need to convert a new Oracle v6/desktop database into french.

It would be Okay if only my screens are in french if I could load the required character set, but I would prefer a bilingual database option.

I've tried installing Oracle with the french language option but I get the error message sp1<lang>.msb not found.... That shouldn't be a problem, this is version 6.0A and I had that error in the English installation too.

I set the UTILITY_MSG = D:\ORACLE6\DBS in my autoexec.bat and I added UTILITY_MSG=SP1F.MSB in my config.ora

But I still get the error! Oracle will load but I can't get in to sql*plus or do a rempme....

Has ANYBODY else created a bilingual database???

..... Just another problem I didn't anticipate. Guess it won't be ready tomorrow.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

allison_at_magi.com

--

Allison Rothmel ad041_at_freenet.carleton.ca