Can triggers in ORACLE 7.0.16 interact with operating system?

From: Shekhar Kirani <kirani_at_advtech.uswest.com>
Date: 31 Aug 1994 20:52:59 GMT

Hi:

I am working on a project where I need to send notify a user of the database when someone updates the database. So, I wanted to write a trigger for a table add/update and collect the information, send as an e-mail to the user. I am wondering is there a way to communicate with an external program or UNIX from trigger code? Please let me know. In a situation like this, if there is any alternative, please let me know.

Thanks,
Shekhar Kirani

--

4001, Discovery Drive, Suite 270 Boulder CO-80303. (303)-541-6420.