Re: Forms 4.0 Error: Get_Block_Property

From: JamesF5088 <jamesf5088_at_aol.com>
Date: 31 Aug 1994 17:46:02 -0400

In article <3426h4$41c_at_news.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>, moebius_at_athene.informatik.uni-bonn.de (Dirk Moebius) writes:

> Instead of using the "message" function, declare an Oracle "editor" and
> display the default_where clause in it. Make sure to define the editor
> coordinates so you can see entire where clause. The editor will have
> scroll bars if your clause runs passed the editor window.

>*sigh* (nobody understands me)

>Of course I know that the message function displays only the 80
>chars or so on the status line.
>But even if I use an editor or any display field or text item
>the last chars in the WHERE-clause are cut off.
>No kidding!

I do not have this problem when using the editor. My where clauses have been extremely long. The parameter going into the editor must have a value large enough to hold it. Out of curiosity how many characters do get displayed in your editor ? And how do you have your parameters defined when you call the editor ?

Jim Received on Wed Aug 31 1994 - 23:46:02 CEST

Original text of this message