Customizing SQL prompt??

From: Barry Roomber <barry.roomber_at_compudata.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 94 08:59:00 -0500

-> Your wisdom can know no equal! (grovel, grovel)

With a plea like that, how can I resist. Of course, I'll probably be wrong :}.

SQLPLUS does not understand the concept of environmental variables, but you CAN write a shell script as a front end for sqlplus that dumps your variable assignment into a login.sql file in your current directory, and cleans up on exit. Not pretty, but workable.

Now that you've mentioned the need, I'll probably do it for myself. Currently I have my ORACLE_SID showing in my Unix ksh prompt, but it would be more comforting to see it in my sql prompt to assure I AM in the test sid, and not about to trash my production database. Received on Wed Aug 31 1994 - 15:59:00 CEST

Original text of this message