Re: Forms 4.0 Error: Get_Block_Property

From: JamesF5088 <jamesf5088_at_aol.com>
Date: 30 Aug 1994 18:53:04 -0400

In article <33v7bk$d8e_at_news.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>, moebius_at_athene.informatik.uni-bonn.de (Dirk Moebius) writes:

>Could it be true that there is an error in the
>Get_Block_Property - Build-In in Forms 4.0 ?
>Look at this:

>DECLARE
> q VARCHAR2(2000);
>BEGIN
> q := Get_Block_Property ('blockname', DEFAULT_WHERE);
> message(q);
>END;

>As result I got the WHERE-statement for the block 'blockname', but
>some chars at the end are cut off!!! The number of missing chars is
 varying.
>When the WHERE-statement is very long, then there are missing up to 20
>chars!
>Set_Block_Property (..., DEFAULT_WHERE) works correctly.
>Once again, I use Forms 4.0.12 for Windows, Oracle 7.0.15 for VMS.

Instead of using the "message" function, declare an Oracle "editor" and display the default_where clause in it. Make sure to define the editor coordinates so you can see entire where clause. The editor will have scroll bars if your clause runs passed the editor window. Received on Wed Aug 31 1994 - 00:53:04 CEST

Original text of this message