Re: Disable rollbacks

From: Roderick Manalac <rmanalac_at_oracle.com>
Date: 31 Aug 1994 00:06:34 GMT

lparsons_at_world.std.com (Lee E Parsons) writes:
|> Robert A Peters <peters_at_io.cpg.cdc.com> wrote:
|> >Barry Roomberg (barry.roomberg_at_compudata.com) wrote:

Please be very very careful in using undocumented parameters. There probably should at least be some sort of implied disclaimer that DBA's are at their own risk when playing around with an undocumented feature.

My contacts in Worldwide Support noted an interesting upsurge in the number of calls from people trying to get themselves out of a jam after basically losing redo log information. Fortunately these have just been rebuildable test or development systems (though one was pretty sizable) so far. I hope that it wasn't a result of information posted here.

I wasn't too happy when they banned sales of any fireworks in my neighborhood, but when too many kids start losing fingers and million-dollar homes burn to the ground ....

Roderick Manalac
Oracle Corporation Received on Wed Aug 31 1994 - 02:06:34 CEST

Original text of this message