[Q] Migrating databases v60365 from VMS to v60376 on Alpha openVMS 6.1

From: <ling_at_acacia.qut.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 94 00:40:35 GMT

Hello Oracle DBAs,

Re: Migrating databases v60365 from VMS to v60376 on Alpha openVMS 6.1

Have anybody done the above migration? Can I just do the full export on the old machine and then full import on the new machine? We are buying some Alphas to replace VAXes next month and our users are not ready to use Oracle v7.

Can somebody also confirm that v6.0.37.6 can run in production mode on Alpha openVMS 6.1.

Thanks in advance,

How-Hie Ling.
(h.ling_at_qut.edu.au)
Queensland University of Technology,
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Received on Tue Aug 30 1994 - 02:40:35 CEST

Original text of this message