ORACLE error -- unable to INSERT record

From: <ajie_at_vpcc.sunysb.edu>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 1994 19:15:52

Hi, I am a new comer in Oracle Forms.
I have the following problem.

I have one table and I created 5 canvases : Update_canvas, Insert_canvas, Delete_canvas, Query_canvas, and Result_Query_canvas. In the Query_canvas, I created the item_text (primary key), where I want to put the query condition value, if I enter a value and the value is valid then called Result_Query_canvas. Up to thispoint everything works fine.

Then I quit from Query_canvas, go to Update_canvas. After made some modification in the record, I want to commit the changes. Unfortunatelly I got "ORACLE error -- unable to INSERT record" message. That message IS NOT in the Update_canvas BUT in the Query_canvas. Actually when I exit from Query_canvas, I already cleared the block in the Query_canvas.

How to get rid of the error ?

I appreciate any pointer.

Note : The table is exist, and that is my own table.

Saptaji Basuki
Computer Application Support Office
State University of New York at Stony Brook Received on Sat Aug 27 1994 - 19:15:52 CEST

Original text of this message