Re: Oracle and DCE

From: Jeanne Whitney <whitney_at_cats.ucsc.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 1994 17:24:35

In article <cearley_k.56.000C04C8_at_wizard.colorado.edu> cearley_k_at_wizard.colorado.edu (Kent Cearley) writes:>From: cearley_k_at_wizard.colorado.edu (Kent Cearley)>Subject: Oracle and DCE
>Date: Tue, 23 Aug 1994 12:01:02

>Does anyone know where I can get any information on Oracle's current options
>and future directions for support of DCE? Both in general, and in the specific
>context of support for RPC initiated remote triggers for retrieval and update,
>how DCE credentials are accepted, etc.

>-Thanks
>-Kent Cearley
>University of Colorado, Boulder

Kent--

Our network guy was able to get two documents from Oracle by talking to their sales folks:

Database Security in Oracle 7, part # A18169, dated June, 1994

and an undated publication "Security in Distributed Systems", Anthony Datel/Richard Allen, Laurence Mann.

To quote the second publication:

"With SQL*Net v2.2, Oracle is introducing support for distributed authentication services to control access to distributed Oracle databases.... The first releases (sic) of this support are planned for OSF DCE and Beta availability is planned for the Oracle Release 7.2 timeframe..."

Hope this helps.

jw.

Jeanne Whitney
UC Santa Cruz, Administrative Information Systems (408)459-4224