Re: Can not View tables on Oracle 7.0...Help...Help...

From: Anton Dischner <dischner_at_med.uni-muenchen.de>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 1994 11:45:50 +0200

In article <33jrvp$958_at_cville-srv.wam.umd.edu>, choudhry_at_wam.umd.edu (Zafar Ullah Choudhry) wrote:

Hi ZAFar,

  1. Try using select * from "tablename"; Access stores tables in lower-case, sqlplus makes all upper-case. Same is for drop table "table_name";
  2. You have to create an unique index on your tables to be able to insert in MS-Access.

I hope this helps, best regards,

Toni

> I am using a combination of Oracle7.0 and MS-Access1.1. Recently, I
> have exported a few tables to the Oracle server. The problem is that I
> can not access any of these table on the server. The server shows me
> those tables when I use "Select * from tabs", however, I can not use
> any SQL command that will refer to these tables. Any reference to these
> tables results in "table or view" does not exist error.
>
> I tried to attach these tables to ACCESS, that lets me view these tables
> but for some reason, in read-only mode. I tried to create a table on
> Oracle server and then attaced them to ACCESS. In this case, ACCESS
> even lets me modify these tables.
>
> Summary of my questions is:
> - Why cann't I view(or refer to ) the tables exported from
> ACCESS to ORACLE ?
> - Why do these tables attach in read-only mode with ACCESS
> - Is there anyway that I can delete these tables from the
> server.
>
> I will appreciate any help in this matter. BTW, I am using ODBC drivers
> from Oracle to export these tables from ACCESS>
>
> Thanks.
> ZAFar.

| Anton Dischner, DBA and system-programmer    Phone: +49 89 70953202|
| Institut fuer Klinische Chemie               Fax  : +49 89 70958888|
| Klinikum Grosshadern                         Home : +49 89 6254060 |
| Ludwig Maximilians Universitaet Muenchen     Handy: +49 172 8388880|
| 81366 Muenchen                                                     |
| Marchioninistr. 15                                                 |
| Germany                          Mail: dischner_at_med.uni-muenchen.de|