Re: inetrnal error code

From: Lee E Parsons <lparsons_at_world.std.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 1994 15:18:49 GMT

Barry Roomberg <barry.roomberg_at_compudata.com> wrote:
>-> ora-00600: internal error code, arguments: (4147), (16), (10), (),
>-> (), ()
>-> The query does a select on a number of columns of one table with a
>-> where clause to limit the search on one particular data item
>
>Most likely a corrupted data block. Hope for index. Drop the index and
>recreate it if there are any. Data should be OK if you can do an EXP.

Be careful here. In the past we have has similare problems where the data corruption was early in the table itself. Since the table had problems a full table scan crashed after only 1/4 of the table had been read.

BUT by using the index we were able to skip past the bad block and recover all but the single bad block. It is hard to do that if you drop the index :}

Before you do anything, try the select with a where clause. This should tell you if the problem is in the index or the table itself.

--
Regards,

Lee E. Parsons
Systems Oracle DBA	 			lparsons_at_world.std.com