Re: 200% reliable media => NOARCHIVELOG ??

From: Kim Ng <kimmng_at_uswnvg.com>
Date: 26 Aug 94 15:28:46 GMT

I guess you haven't been around equipment long enough.

Keep this in mind, it may save your butt one day:
(1) THERE IS NO EQUIPMENT BUILT TODAY THAT WILL NEVER FAIL !!!!!!
(2) There will ALWAYS be someone out there who will screw up your

      equipment no matter how good it is.
(3) HUMAN ERROR!
(4) What is that value based on ? (eg 200% reliable)
(5) There are always some assumptions that nobody knows about and,

      guess what, that assumptions are important for your environment.
      (eg: Gee, didn't you know that water is not supposed to get in
           there or didn't you know that it can only protect you up
           to 400V and 5A of surge lasting no more that 1 picosecond?)

Better be save than sorry! It may be too late to feel sorry!

 Kim Ng
 (Just a low life contract programmer. Thus, my clients won't adopt my views.) Received on Fri Aug 26 1994 - 17:28:46 CEST

Original text of this message