Re: CSA SilverRun Experiences

From: PAUL CLAPPISON <pc007_at_un.seqeb.gov.au>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 1994 03:09:23 GMT

Joe Minnich (jminnich_at_bugaboo.ssnet.com) wrote:
: If anyone has experience using CSA's SilverRun ERX
: and RDM data modeling products I would love to hear
: some feedback. They have just introduced a new
: bridge product to Oracle 7.

: Thanks in advance
: joseph r minnich jminnich_at_bugaboo.ssnet.com
In SEQEB we have used SilverRun. Initially we imported data from our legacy systems which were mainly written in COBOL using a network data base on a Fujitsu mainframe.
It has also been used in modelling new databases initially for Ingres but lately for Oracle.
We mainly use RDM but WRM (Workstation Repository Manager) is used also. We have used the bridge to Oracle7 for both forward and reverse engineering. The forward engineering produces SQL for creating Oracle tables, indexes etc. and is good.
The reverse takes flat files produced by an extract sql script (supplied) and uses them to build the model. We will probably use this to attempt to ensure that the model reflects the actual database structure. I could provide more detail if you are interested. Received on Thu Aug 25 1994 - 05:09:23 CEST

Original text of this message