Re: CASE Designer postscript files

From: Richard D Holowczak <holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu>
Date: 24 Aug 94 12:54:17 GMT

stevec_at_nms.otc.com.au (Steve Chey) writes:

>I am trying to find a way of importing the postscript files generated by
>CASE*Designer into Microsoft Word for Windows documents. Microsoft Word cannot
>open the files for me. I have tried converting the CASE*Designer output files
>into tiff format using gnu but Microsoft Word still cant recognise this.

  Unfortunately, it seems each page of output is done as a   generic Postscript file, not an Encapsulated Postscript   file (EPS). EPS files are a one-page PS file with   some limitations on commands.

  If you're handy with the PS language, it may be possible to   write an awk script to convert the files to EPS. Most   word processing, page layout and graphics conversion programs   can read an EPS including Word, PageMaker, CorelDraw, etc.

  Perhaps someone has already done this kind of conversion.   Check any other newsgroups that deal with the Postscript   language such as:

     comp.lang.postscript
     comp.sources.postscript

Rich Holowczak
Rutgers University
holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu Received on Wed Aug 24 1994 - 14:54:17 CEST

Original text of this message