SQL*Net - Oracle Server Compatibility

From: Alan N Turner <anturner_at_sc1500.dseg.ti.com>
Date: 24 Aug 1994 16:11:53 GMT

We have not been able to connect a client using SQL*Net 2.0.15.0 to an HP9000 server using Oracle7 7.0.16.0 and SQL*Net 2.0.15.0.

We are able to connect this client to a SunSparc 10 server running SQL*Net 2.0.15.0 and Oracle7 7.0.15.0.

Is anyone aware of any compatibility problems between the client and server software in the scenario where the connection fails?

The client configuration is:

   WFW 3.11
   MS Wolverine TCP/IP
   SQL*Net 2.0.15.0
   Oracle 7 ODBC driver (supplied by Oracle)    MS Access 1.1 (the front-end attempting to access Oracle)

The error returned from Access when attempting to attach is "ODBC call failed". When the OK button is clicked, an empty table list is displayed.

Connection to the HP9000 server can be made using SQL*Net v1 on the client and server.

Cheers,

Alan N. Turner                          "The comments expressed here are my
Sr. Strategy DBA                         own and do not necessarily reflect
Systems and Equipment Sector             those of Texas Instruments, Inc. or
Texas Instruments, Inc.                  its subsidiaries."
Internet: anturner_at_sc1500.dseg.ti.com